Registered Respiratory Therapist
Rice Community Healthcare seeks a Registered Respiratory Therapist at Hospital District No. 1 of Rice County, a 25-bed critical access hospital in Lyons, Kansas to join our team and play an integral role in providing excellent care to our patients. As a smaller rural hospital, we offer an opportunity to work in a patient-centered and friendly work environment where you get to know your patients and their families-because we know how important it is for our community to receive quality and personalized care, close to home.
Our RTs administer respiratory care and life support for patients with cardiopulmonary system deficiencies and abnormalities in accordance with department policies. Respiratory therapists train and act as a resource for hospital staff with a high degree of autonomy. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as a patient advocate while providing all levels of technical respiratory therapy skills
- Plans, schedules, and makes determination of priorities in all aspects of therapy
- Control the services delivered by evaluating the results of procedures performed and makes the necessary modifications in the methods used for the distribution of services
- Responds to “code blue” calls and assists by maintaining the patients airway and performing CPR
- Sets up and maintains respiratory therapy equipment and supplies to meet the needs of the patient, assesses patients and recommends respiratory therapy treatments.
- Records patient treatment, response, and progress
- Communicates with the physicians, hospital staff, patient, and family members regarding patient progress, problems and quality of care.
- Participate in quality improvement plans
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality as defined by hospital policy
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, and in-service training.
Qualifications and Education:
- Graduate with an Associate’s Degree or above in an approved respiratory program from a nationally accredited college or university required.
- Credentialed by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Certified Respiratory Therapist at time of hire
- Current licensure as a Respiratory Therapist by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certifications required within 6 months of hire.
- Two years experience as a Respiratory Therapist
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Car
- Occasionally lifts, positions, and transfers patients
- Occasionally lifts supplies and equipment
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing and/or walking
- Ability to carry out therapy as ordered
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity
- Strong verbal communication and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Full time, 10 hour day shifts
- Shares on call, holidays, and weekend duties with the RT department staff
Why Rice Community Healthcare?
- Generous PTO and extended illness days for greater flexibility
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) for healthcare and dependent day care
- Six weeks 100% paid Maternity and Paternity Leave (requires return to work)
- Full paid life insurance
- Participation in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) retirement plan and 403b plan options
- Opportunity for PTO buyback
- …and more!
For complete benefit package information, direct your questions to Cori Johanning, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554