Rice Community Healthcare seeks a Radiology Technologist at Rice County District Hospital, a 25-bed critical access hospital in Lyons, Kansas to join our team and play an integral role in providing excellent care to our patients. As a smaller rural hospital, we offer an opportunity to work in a patient-centered and friendly work environment where you get to know your patients and their families—because we know how important it is for our community to receive quality and personalized care, close to home.
The Radiology Technologist performs radiographic procedures to assist in the diagnosis of disease and injuries. Your role will be responsible for maintaining expert technical and patient-care skills and providing quality diagnostic results.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems
- Prepare and position patients for imaging and select exposure factors accurately
- Assists radiology mobile units with patients, paperwork, etc.
- Observe patient during procedure and report abnormal activity
- Performs ECGs and keeps accurate track of paperwork associated with the ECG exams
- Ensure the ECG cart is consistently well-stocked and maintained at optimal cleanliness standards, contributing to the overall efficiency of cardiac care procedures
- Scan patient reports, orders, authorization forms, etc.
- Addressing patients’ concerns and ensuring that they are comfortable and calm during scans
- Notifies the Chief Technologist if equipment is not operating
- Regularly monitor X-ray inventory for potential out-dates, placing timely orders for supplies to uphold operational readiness.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure room, storage area, dressing room, film storage area and any other areas in department
- Performs CT exams
- Obtain, verify, and maintain all relevant documentation such as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies and procedures, etc.
- Schedules appointments
Physical Requirements and Essential Functions:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with patients, patients’ families, physicians, and staff
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and techniques in x-ray technology
- Easily pick up the skills needed for quality control studies, operating computerized radiologic equipment, and using computers for recordkeeping
- Be open to the possibility of being on-call, ready to jump in when needed to keep things running smoothly.
Qualifications and Education:
- Completion of training in an approved school for Radiological Technologists
- Licensed Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts
Why Rice Community Healthcare?
- Generous PTO and extended illness days for greater flexibility
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) for healthcare and dependent day care
- Six weeks 100% paid Maternity and Paternity Leave (requires return to work)
- Fully paid life insurance
- Participation in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) retirement plan and 403b plan options
- Opportunity for PTO payout
- … and more!
For complete benefit package information, direct your questions to Cori Johanning, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.