Visitor Policy as it relates to COVID-19
This policy is designed with the safety of our patients and staff as a priority. If at any point you wish to have clarification of any part of this policy, please ask a member of our nursing staff or call Rice County District Hospital’s Administration Department at 620-257-7186.
The Visitor Policy is now assigned by color-coded levels and will be monitored by the members of our COVID committee and updated every 2 weeks based on the needs of our community and our patients.
As of 01/18/2021 the current level is: LEVEL 2 (Yellow)
View the Visitor Restrictions Grid for the full description of what each level entails
Level 2 (Yellow) Key Points:
- One visitor is allowed per patient per day, with the exception of patients under the age of 18, patients in critical condition, or patients nearing the end of life
- Patients under the age of 18 are allowed up to two guardians for the duration of their stay
- No visitors under the age of 12 are permitted
- The visitor must be screened by a member of our staff upon arrival
- The visitor will be asked to remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit, unless stepping out for patient privacy
- Visitors will be asked to use the patient’s bathroom while in the facility
- Visitation hours are 7am-9pm, with the exception of visitors to patients under the age of 18, patients in critical condition, patients nearing the end of life, or patients in the Family Birth Center
- Masks are required to be worn in public areas of the hospital, and will be encouraged in patient rooms. The patient and the visitor will be asked to wear a mask when hospital personnel enter the room
- Employees are not permitted to have visitors, unless the employee is a patient of the facility, or the visitor is essential to the operation of the organization
- Visitation for residents in Intermediate Swing Bed will continue as directed by our Swing Bed Coordinator
Other Important Information
- All persons will be screened by a member of our staff prior to entering the facility
- Masks are required to be worn while in public areas of the hospital
- Outpatient lab draws continue at the hospital
- The Emergency Department doors will remain as the only public entrance into the hospital for the foreseeable future
Thank you for continuing to allow us to serve the community that we call home!