Rice County District Hospital is seeking a Surgical Technician to fill a full time position in the Surgery Department.
This position is full time. Competitive wage and excellent benefits package available.
Candidate is required pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, and a drug screen. HIPAA compliance is mandatory for all employees of the healthcare system.
Provides nursing care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Assembles needed supplies/equipment before and during the surgical procedure while maintaining standards of care established for the patient scheduled for a surgical procedure. The surgical technician sets up the sterile field, assists with draping the patient, anticipates the surgeon’s needs and hands sterile supplies and instruments to the surgeon and his/her assistant. Skillfully practices sterile technique. Takes assigned call.
Population Served: Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrates clinical competency based on population served by assisting the surgeon and anticipating needs during a surgical case for all specialty teams.
· Demonstrates knowledge of policies/procedures through clinical practice by performing procedures safely, efficiently, and with technical skill.
· Practices principles of surgical asepsis skillfully on all cases; adheres to safety measures.
· Maintains knowledge of surgical equipment, where it is stored, and how it is used; and knowledge of various types, sizes, and uses of sutures and needles.
· Maintains an accurate account of sponges, sharps, instruments, and the amount of irrigation and medications used throughout the procedure as per established performance improvement protocol.
· Prepares instruments/supplies for sterilization and operates autoclave and Steris; prepares wound dressings, drains, and wound closure materials.
· Attends and constructively contributes to staff meetings and other hospital wide meetings as requested by the manager.
· Practices in accordance with accreditation/regulatory guidelines, policies and procedures of Hospital District #1 of Rice County (RCDH).
· Purposely guards confidential records and other information to maintain patient privacy.
· Keeps the welfare of patients at the center of all decisions and actions by maintaining a customer-centered focus at all times
· Advocates for patients and their families by practicing behaviors that create a culture of patient focused activity.
· Expects excellence of self and others.
· Questions the status quo; uses creativity and innovation to engage in performance/process improvement.
· Treats all people with dignity; supports diversity and understands related issues.
· Is flexible and adaptable to change; demonstrates a positive and supportive attitude willingly accepting changes.
· Holds self and others accountable in the use RCDH supplies, and completion of tasks in a timely, efficient, and productive manner.
· Completion of Surgical Technologist program from an accredited college
· On-the-job training
· BLS Certification to be obtained within 90 days of employment
· Certified Surgical (CRT) certification preferred
· Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking.
· Lifts, positions, pushes, and/or transfers up to 50 pounds.
· Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
· Hear acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less
· Emotional ability to manage stressful situation
· Regularly exposed to the risk of infectious/blood borne pathogens
· Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances
· May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements
· Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, illness)
· Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
· Subject to emergency or crisis situations
Subject to irregular hours (evenings/nights/weekends/holidays/on call)
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.