Nursing Supervisor, Sterling Medical Center
Sterling Medical Center is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse to fill a Nursing Supervisor position. The ideal candidate would posses strong work ethic and would be dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of our community.
This position is full time which includes 8 hour shifts Monday-Friday, no weekends or holidays.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits are offered which includes generous PTO allowances.
Sterling Medical Center prides itself in having a family-like atmosphere with great employee retention, excellent peer-to-peer support, and a friendly environment.
The Nursing Supervisor manages, supervises and coordinates the nursing staff of a patient care clinic by performing the essential duties listed.
- Directly supervises four employees in the nursing staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
These duties and responsibilities described below represent the general tasks performed on a daily basis; other tasks may be assigned.
- Orients new staff and assures that training and education needs of staff are met.
- Coordinates clinic activities and the work assignments of staff members.
- Evaluates activities of clinic to ensure patient care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
- Directs the nursing assessment of all patients.
- Observes nursing care and visits patients to ensure that nursing care is carried out as directed and treatment is administered in accordance with physician instructions.
- Provides primary phone and patient triage for physicians.
- Interprets and enforces department and institution policies.
- Participates in appropriate department and clinic committees.
- Directs preparation and maintenance of patients’ clinical records.
- Orders or directs ordering of drugs, solutions and equipment; and maintains records on narcotics.
- Investigates and resolves complaints, or refers unusual problems to superior.
- Oral communication- Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written communication- Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Judgement- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of two years nursing experience
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.