Nursing Informatics Specialist
This position is full time. Competitive pay and excellent benefits package available.
Candidate is required pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, and a drug screen. HIPAA compliance is mandatory for all employees of the healthcare system.
Supports physicians, clinicians, health care workers, affiliates and partners by providing continuous upkeep, troubleshooting and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements. Promotes future and present system functionality by designing, building and testing the clinical information systems.
- Interpret, modify, analyze and design systems, data and information in collaboration with information technology. Implement applications, tools, processes, and structures that assist clinicians with the management of data in patient care and provision of health care.
- Provide systems support including software maintenance, trouble shooting, system monitoring and the assist with the installation and maintenance of software, Participate in the planning and teaching of customer training sessions. Assist in making oral and written presentations to project teams and management.
- Implement moderately complex tasks and portions of larger clinical information system projects with direction. Identify internal resources to build project team performance. Update system, operational and department documentation.
- Recommend areas for process improvement
- Translate nursing practice information between nurses and IT using object-oriented models or other techniques.
- Develop, implement and evaluate health information technology applications, tools, processes or structures to assist nurses with data management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- Work requires five years of clinical nursing experience to include at least one year of computer experience.
Physical Requirements and Essential Functions:
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with physicians and staff.
- Have motor coordination and dexterity required to coordinate hands, eyes, and fingers.
- Have visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication, perceive changes in patient’s condition and medications.
- The ability to lift fifty pounds and assist with others in lifting higher weight ranges.
- Must have basic computer literacy and ability to learn new software programs.
- In a normal work day, may be required to stand and/or walk for 8 hours or longer with frequent bending and reaching.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and employees.
- Demonstrates kindness, courtesy and compassion to all providers, coworkers, and visitors at all times.
- Able to handle stressful situations.
- Hospital District #1 of Rice County operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. The operational needs of the informatics specialist may require that employees be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.