This position is Full Time. Benefits package available.
Candidate is required pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, and a drug screen. HIPAA compliance is mandatory for all employees of the healthcare system.
Schedules, greets, instructs and directs patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff.
- Prepare office for daily activities such as making copies of schedules for medical staff.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner
- Registers patients, verifies and updates necessary information for their record. Assists patient in completing paperwork as needed
- Schedules appointments following office-scheduling guidelines. Maintains schedules in appointment book and on the computer
- Answers telephone, screen calls, takes messages, and provides non-medical information.
- Receives payments and writes receipts. Asks for payment for services when necessary
- Prepares and delivers necessary paperwork for patients to x-ray and lab areas
- Prepares new patient temporary charts and give necessary forms to the patient
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritizes duties
- Knowledge of computer programs and typing skills
- Ability to perform effectively and respectfully during stressful situations
- Must have ability to maintain patient confidentiality about condition, appointment, and financial arrangements
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Training as medical assistant is desirable
- Previous medical experience is beneficial
- Work is performed in an office reception area
- Involves frequent contact with patients, both on the phone and in the reception area
- Work may be stressful at times, interaction with others is constant and interruptive
- Contact involves dealing with sick people and at times irate patients
- Work requires sitting for periods of time, also stooping, bending, and stretching for files and supplies
- Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 50 pounds
- requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and other office equipment
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.