Medical Laboratory Technician
Rice County District Hospital is currently seeking a qualified Medical Laboratory Technician
Qualified candidates will have a Medical Laboratory Technician Degree. Newly graduated individuals are encouraged to apply.
Full time position, competitive wages, excellent benefit package and exceptional working environment.
Hours will include evening and weekend call.
Candidate must pass a background check, a pre-employment physical and a drug screen. HIPAA compliance is mandatory for all employees.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory manager, performs clinical laboratory procedures, quality assurance, and instrument maintenance. The position reports to the Laboratory Manager. The Medical Laboratory Technologist also maintains cooperative working relationships with intradepartmental and interdepartmental personnel.
- Performs routine and special laboratory tests.
- Calls critical test results to physicians or nurses immediately and according to established criteria.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting
- Observes and follows department preventive maintenance schedules
- Provides in-service training to other other laboratory personnel and students
- Contributes to the general laboratory functions and institutional needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to discern colors and hues
- Able to take direction over the phone and perform maintenance
- Adequate computer and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to do phlebotomy for an extended period of time
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree and successful completion of Medical Laboratory Technology program that is accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) or equivalent training, education, and experience
- Preferred ASCP certification or equivalent nationally recognized Medical Laboratory Technician
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.