Full/Part Time Maintenance Technician
Rice County District Hospital is seeking a part time Maintenance Technician.
The ideal candidate would be punctual, reliable, and trustworthy. Candidate is required pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, and a drug screen. HIPAA compliance is mandatory for all employees of the healthcare system.
Rice County District Hospital prides itself in having a family-like atmosphere with great employee retention, excellent peer-to-peer support, and a friendly environment.
Summary: Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings and maintains grounds by performing the essential duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor
· Cuts grass and trims weeds on organization’s property
· Digs flower beds and plants flowers
· Constructs decorative flower garden borders from wood
· Cleans internal areas of buildings, including buffing, dusting, sweeping, and mopping
· Washes windows
· Empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup
· Paints interior and exterior walls and trim
· Repairs parking lot and sidewalk with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete
· Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks
· Maintains and repairs buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses
· Repairs or replaces building brick, stone, and concrete
· Maintains and repairs all parts of buildings
· Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment such as truck, street sweeper, and riding mower
· Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies
· Other duties as assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
· Customer service- responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, meets commitments
· Quality management- demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Planning/organizing- prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently
· Safety and security- observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly
· Dependability- asks for and offers help when needed
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· High school diploma or GED. Three to six months related experience and/or training.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
· Ability to write simple correspondence
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.