Licensed Practical Nurse
Sterling Medical Center is seeking a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse. The ideal candidate would posses strong work ethic and would be dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of our community.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits are offered.
Candidate is required to pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, and a drug screen. HIPAA compliance is mandatory for all employees of the healthcare system.
Prepares patient for provider, providing medical records, supplies, and equipment. Assists with patient discharge, follow-up, prescriptions and referrals.
- Reports to the Clinical Director, coordinates activities with the Office Manager and Providers and receives clinical direction from Clinical Director.
Typical Working Conditions/ Physical Demands:
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, chemicals and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking extensive periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions.
Examples of Duties:
- Performs nursing duties as assigned by RN and Provider.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes patient history and vital signs and records. Identifies patient needs and reports to provider.
- Prepares exam and treatment room with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Assists provider in applying casts, splints, and dressings.
- Gives injections, IM and SubQ. (Can give IV injections with IV certification and in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act).
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment and supplies for treatments and procedures.
- Assists providers in minor surgery and physical exams.
- Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Screens telephone calls for providers, takes messages and delivers to providers.
- Provides general information on policies and procedures, uses resources as identified for assistance as needed.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining clinical and office supplies and equipment.
- Maintains patients’ information and practices strictly confidential.
- Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
- Assists in checking the defibrillator weekly and the crash cart monthly, or after each use.
- Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics when assisting patients with transfers or positioning.
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Provides services in a caring, compassionate manner without regard to race, religion, age, disabilities, or financial status.
- Has both verbal and written communication skills.
- Have motor coordination and dexterity required to coordinate hands, eyes, fingers in administering medications and treatments.
- Have visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication and reading gauges on equipment.
- Requires ability to lift 50 pounds and assist 60-250 pounds.
- Standing and walking most of the day.
- Frequent reaching and bending.
- Registered Nurse. Knowledge of procedures and care specific to various ages of patients.
- Minimum of one year experience in health care setting preferred.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.