Director of Health Information Management
This position is full time. Competitive pay and excellent benefits package available.
Candidate is required pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, and a drug screen. HIPAA compliance is mandatory for all employees of the healthcare system.
Administers health information for the hospital consistent with facility policies and procedures and standards of accrediting and regulatory agencies by performing the following duties.
- Directly supervises one employee in the Medical Records Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Reviews medical case histories; codes diseases and treatment procedures; files, withdrawals, issues, and maintains case files; and interprets and edits patient files and forms.
- Supervises staff in preparing and analyzing medical records and documents.
- Follows policies and procedures for documenting, storing, and retrieving information, and for processing medical and legal documents, insurance data, and correspondence requests, in conformance with federal, state, and local statutes.
- Answers inquiries relating to information contained in patients’ charts.
- Prepares and monitors department budget.
- Analyzes patient data for reimbursement, quality of patient care, and risk management.
- Serves as the HIPAA Compliance Officer.
- Transcribes physician verbal documentation.
- Coordinates Medical Staff Meeting and acts as Secretary at that meeting.
- Prepares Death and Tissue Report.
- Serves on Corporate Compliance, Quality Improvement, and Risk Management committees.
- Ability to act independently and make decisions under stress.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Associate’s Degree in Health Information Management, required
- RHIT Certification, required
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in Health Information Management, preferred
- In a normal work day, may be required to stand and/or walk for 8 hours or longer with frequent bending and reaching.
- Work is performed inside a climate controlled area.
- Have visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and employees.
- Demonstrates kindness, courtesy and compassion to all patients, families, providers, coworkers, and visitors at all times.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.