EVS / Floor Technician
Rice County District Hospital is seeking a full time EVS / Floor Technician. The ideal candidate would be detail oriented, can work in a team environment, and posses a strong work ethic.
Rice County District Hospital is a multi facility hospital including, two clinics, hospital, independent living apartments, and medical student apartments.
Candidate is required to pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, and a drug screen. HIPAA compliance is mandatory for all employees of the healthcare system.
Job Summary: Responsible for cleaning and servicing assigned areas. Willing to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis as assigned by the Environmental Services Director.
- Assembles materials and supplies from the supply room and transports them to the work area.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings and equipment and mopping floors with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent the spread of disease.
- Uses damp, disinfectant-treated cloths and vacuum cleaner to dust out window sills, blinds, floors, furniture, and equipment in an orderly fashion.
- Scours and polishes sinks, tubs, mirrors, and similar equipment.
- Replenishes supplies of soap, towels, and other dispensable items.
- Requests help in moving heavy furniture. Reports any mechanical failures or negative conditions observed in assigned area to the Director or Maintenance Director .
- Washes walls and ceilings using water, cleaning solutions, sponge, and cloths.
- Gathers and disposes of trash, washes wastebaskets and large refuse containers, and relines with plastic bags
- Removes soiled linen from all areas
- Sweeping, vacuuming, waxing and buffing floors
- Periodically polishes floors using the buffing machine and polish.
- Strips and refinishes floors as necessary
- May be called upon to wash outside windows and screens
- Performs other related work as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to endure long hours of continuous work when called upon to do so
- Physical effort required by the job includes standing, stooping, pulling, pushing, and lifting up to 25 pounds
- Must know how to use common housecleaning implements, such as mops, floor waxes, and scouring pads, to keep areas clean and well serviced.
- Must know how to care for equipment, how to measure cleaning solutions, and be alert to hazards
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions
Education and Experience:
- Minimum, grammar school or equivalent
- Previous cleaning experience in a hospital setting preferred
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.