Night Shift Clinical Nursing Associate
Rice County District Hospital is seeking a full-time night shift Clinical Nursing Associate (CNA). The ideal candidate would posses strong work ethic and would be dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of our community.
This position is full time which includes 12 hour shifts from 7pm-7am.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits are offered. Includes shift differential pay for nights and weekends, paid holidays, and generous PTO allowances.
Rice County District Hospital prides itself in having a family-like atmosphere with great employee retention, excellent peer-to-peer support, and a friendly environment.
The Clinical Nursing Associate performs nonprofessional direct and indirect patient care activities under the supervision of a registered professional nurse. Assists in providing high quality, cost effective care by performing delegated tasks.
- Assists in direct patient care by providing basic physical care to promote patient comfort as directed by the Registered Nurse
- Assists all assigned patients with activities of daily living according to need in a timely manner
- Neatly and securely makes all assigned beds.
- Obtains and records assigned specimens on schedule.
- Obtains and records assigned patient temperatures, pulse rates, respiratory rates, blood pressures, intake and output, and weights.
- Observes and reports all patient concerns/changes in condition to a registered nurse immediately.
- Prepares patients for examinations and diagnostic procedures according to departmental procedure.
- Assists providers and registered nurse with examinations and procedures.
- Assists in care of drainage devices while maintaining accurate output.
- Assist with basic rehab/Physical Therapy activities, i.e. active and passive range of motion and ambulation.
- Prepares patients for meals and assists during meals as needed.
- Communicates with RN regarding any nutrition issues, such as poor appetite or verbalized lack of understanding of diet changes.
- Looks for and suggests ways to improve the quality of systems related to job responsibilities.
- Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics to performance of personal care when turning, transferring, and exercising patients.
- Maintains confidentiality 100% of time for all information received, communicates it only as required by the job.
- Documents care provided within hospital guidelines.
- Assists in indirect patient care by maintain a clean and safe environment to help prevent and/or control infections and to provide for safety of patients, visitors and employees.
- Maintains clean assigned, patient care areas, staff work areas, and unit equipment.
- During shift, keeps hallways and work areas free of unused equipment
- Reports all necessary equipment repairs to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in routine unit operations as directed/needed to assure smooth communication and functioning of the unit.
- Courteously answers telephone in a timely manner, identifying self at all times
- Courteously answers patient call bell and relays message to the appropriate personnel.
- Relays accurate telephone, visitor, and patient messages to appropriate persons in a timely manner.
- Promptly completes errands as requested.
- Maintains good personal appearance.
- Attends education, staff and mandatory meetings.
- Demonstrated competency in the care of patients before, during, and after surgical procedures.
- Ability to act independently and make decisions under stress.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle emergency and crisis situations.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Completed an accredited course for Certified Nurse Assistant
- Current valid certification in the State
- Certification of Basic Life Support or obtains certification in Basic Life Support within 3 months of hire date.
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in the care of the elderly
- One year of acute clinical experience in a hospital setting preferable.
- Must have basic computer literacy.
- Ability to stand and walk for extensive periods of time.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to provide nursing care and operating equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stoop, squat, or bend frequently.
- Corrected vision and hearing within normal range to observe and communicate with patients and professional staff.
- Exposure to patient elements including communicable disease and bloodborne pathogens.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.