Clinical Nurse/ Medical Assistant
This position is full time. Competitive pay and excellent benefits package available.
Candidate is required pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, and a drug screen. HIPAA compliance is mandatory for all employees of the healthcare system.
Functions under the supervision and guidance of the Operations Supervisor or Provider and participates in the multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to patients. Also provides clinical support and technical assistance to the professional medical and other staff. Provides the highest attainable quality of individualized nursing care for each patient to ensure a safe and therapeutic environment in which the patient’s physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs are assessed and met during any stage of illness.
Essential Job Accountabilities:
These duties and responsibilities described below represent the general tasks performed on a daily basis; other tasks may be assigned.
- Consistent patient centered, caring disposition is a must for this position
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively organize and prioritize work and utilize available resources to assist with efficient patient flow in the clinic
- Demonstrates flexibility in work roles and schedules to meet the changing needs of the center
- Maintains awareness of new information applicable to job i.e. policies, meeting minutes, procedures, memos, and protocols
- Utilizes slow time constructively to enhance center operations and assists other department when time and workload permits
- Maintains confidentiality of patients and staff
- Ability to identify own areas of needed improvement, and formulates goals to work toward
- Utilizes appropriate methods to deal with stressful situations
- Understands and supports organizational goals
- Meets work schedules, fulfills responsibilities and commitments, i.e. attendance, punctuality, dependability, initiative, productivity and efficiency
Direct and Indirect Patient Care/ Clinical Responsibilities:
- Accurately assesses current status as well as preventive health status and communicates needs to provider
- Assists with patient education based on assessment of patient needs and clinic standards of nursing care and documents in patient record
- Provides skilled nursing care as demonstrated by safely and accurately performing technical skills (sterile dressings, EKG’s, pulmonary treatments, etc.) and the safe, accurate administration of medications
- Anticipates the needs of providers related to patient visits, and assists providers with patient care
- Assumes role of advocate to ensure health needs are met including responding to patient phone messages and requests in a timely and professional manner
- Documents all provider orders, nursing actions, and interventions on patient record consistent with organizational policies
- Assists with triage patients on-site and via telephone for appropriateness and timeliness of care per provider preferences
- Keeps patients/families informed of situations that affect patient’s clinic visit, i.e. extended waiting times, seeing provider other than originally scheduled, etc.
- Able to perform effectively and appropriately in emergency situations
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
- One to two years clinic experience preferred
- Current CNA/LPN license in the State of Kansas
- BLS verification within 6 months of hiring
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.