Visitor Policy as it relates to COVID-19
This policy is designed with the safety of our patients and staff as a priority. If at any point you wish to have clarification of any part of this policy, please ask a member of our nursing staff or call Rice County District Hospital’s Administration Department at 620-257-7186.
The Visitor Policy is now assigned by color-coded levels and will be monitored by the members of our COVID committee and updated every 2 weeks based on the needs of our community and our patients.
As of 07/13/21 the current level is: LEVEL 2 (Yellow)
View the Visitor Restrictions Grid for the full description of what each level entails
Level 2 (Yellow) Key Points:
- One (1) visitor is allowed per patient per day, with the exception of patients under the age of 18, patients in critical condition, or patients nearing the end of life
- Patients under the age of 18 are allowed up to two guardians for the duration of their stay
- No visitors under the age of 12 are permitted
- The visitors must be screened by a member of our staff upon arrival
- The visitors will be asked to remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit, unless stepping out for patient privacy
- Visitors will be asked to use the patient’s bathroom while in the facility
- Visitation hours are 7am-9pm, with the exception of visitors to patients under the age of 18, patients in critical condition, patients nearing the end of life, or patients in the Family Birth Center
- Masks are required to be worn in public areas of the hospital, and will be encouraged in patient rooms. The patient and the visitor will be asked to wear a mask when hospital personnel enter the room
- Employees are not permitted to have visitors, unless the employee is a patient of the facility, or the visitor is essential to the operation of the organization
- Visitation for residents in Intermediate Swing Bed will follow the same guidelines as the facility.
- All persons will be screened by a member of our staff prior to entering the facility
- Masks are required to be worn while in public areas of the hospital
- Outpatient lab draws continue at the hospital
- The Front Doors doors will be open as public entrance into the hospital
Thank you for continuing to allow us to serve the community that we call home!