Visitor Policy as it relates to COVID-19
This policy is designed with the safety of our patients and staff as a priority. If at any point you wish to have clarification of any part of this policy, please ask a member of our nursing staff or call Rice County District Hospital’s Administration Department at 620-257-7186.
The Visitor Policy is now assigned by color-coded levels and will be monitored by the members of our COVID committee and updated every 2 weeks based on the needs of our community and our patients.
As of 11/17/2020 the current level is: LEVEL 3 (Red)
View the Visitor Restrictions Grid for the full description of what each level entails
Level 3 (RED) Key Points:
- No visitors are allowed for patients in the facility, with the exception of patients under the age of 18, patients in critical condition, or patients nearing the end of life
- Patients under the age of 18 are allowed one guardian at a time for the duration of their stay. A total of two guardians are allowed to alternate their time in the facility.
- Labor and Delivery patients are allowed one support person, who will remain the same support person for the duration of their stay
- All persons must be screened by a member of our staff upon arrival
- All visitors will be asked to remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit, unless stepping out for patient privacy
- Visitors will be asked to use the patient’s bathroom while in the facility
- Masks are required to be worn in public areas of the hospital, and will be encouraged in patient rooms. The patient and the visitor will be asked to wear a mask when hospital personnel enter the room
- Employees are not permitted to have visitors, unless the employee is a patient of the facility, or the visitor is essential to the operation of the organization
Other Important Information
- All persons will be screened by a member of our staff prior to entering the facility
- Masks are required to be worn while in public areas of the hospital
- Outpatient lab draws continue at the hospital
- The Emergency Department doors will remain as the only public entrance into the hospital for the foreseeable future
Thank you for continuing to allow us to serve the community that we call home!