This position is full time. Hours include being on call one night a week and one weekend per month.
Excellent benefits package available.
Candidate is required pass a background check, a pre-employment physical, and a drug screen. HIPAA compliance is mandatory for all employees of the healthcare system.
Under the supervision of the Radiologist and Chief Technologist, performs clinical radiology procedures. The position reports to the Radiology Manager. The Radiology Technologist also maintains cooperative working relationships with intradepartmental and interdepartmental personnel.
- Assists physician with patient needs
- Assists mobile units with patients, paperwork, etc.
- Schedules appointments.
- Files records pertaining to completed exams.
- Keep track of images on CDs taken out of department.
- Performs ECGs and keeps accurate track of paperwork associated with the ECG exams.
- Keep ECG cart stocked and cleaned.
- Scan patient reports, orders, authorization forms, etc.
- Notifies Chief Technologist if equipment is not operating.
- Check regularly, x-ray inventory and watch for out-dates.
- Orders supplies.
- Cleans equipment regularly.
- Paperwork, includes daily, weekly, and monthly. Includes but is not limited to the accumulation of appropriate copies to RPOH.
- Stock linen cabinets.
- Performs CT exams.
- Check regularly, CT inventory and CT Crash Cart. (switching meds with pharmacy before out-date.)
- Must be able to take week-day call, week-end call, and holiday call.
- Must be able to respond to call within 30 minutes
- Ability to act independently and make decisions under stress.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle emergency and crisis situations.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of training in an approved school for Radiological Technologists.
- Must be registered as a Radiologic Technologist by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists.
- Must be licensed as a Radiologic Technologist by the state of Kansas.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. The lifting and moving of patients, along with carrying cassettes is a requirement of this position.
- Work is performed inside a climate controlled area and personnel may be exposed to certain amounts of radiation and infectious substances.
Hospital District #1 of Rice County operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. The operational needs of the Radiology Department and safety of the patients may require that employees be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or download and print the Employment Application. The application can be delivered in person or mailed to
Rice County District Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
619 South Clark
Lyons, KS 67554
Rice Community Healthcare does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.